Wanna get better results with your open houses? Hear me out because I’ll share some powerful open house tips for agents that want to step up their game.
You are well aware that open houses are an incredible way to sell more houses faster. But not only that! With these open house tips, you’ll sell for a great price, get more attention for your properties and find more buyers and sellers. How?
The tips I’m going to share with you come directly from hundreds of top agents who use the Highnote platform to build presentations quickly without design skills but also achieve huge impact and tangible results.
Forget about handing potential buyers the flyer that ends up in a trash without getting anything in return. Instead, go over and beyond to provide them with exceptional experience and skyrocket your business with more leads than you can handle. The best thing about it? The whole process is completely automated and digital.
How to Have a Successful Open House Powered by Highnote
Ready to hear a guaranteed way to make a better impression on prospects, collect more leads, and close deals faster? The best thing about it? It’s easy to do, and once you build a Highnote presentation, you can reuse them, swap out some of the materials and claim back your time.
But I’m not talking about saving your time at the expense of looking like a rookie. No.
You’ll claim back your time while looking like a rockstar every time you do an open house. But is this even possible, and how?
We’ve prepared a step-by-step guide to creating an open house lead capture in Highnote.
- If you don’t have an account already, sign up for Highnote free trial.
- Create a new Highnote presentation. Optional: We have a resource center where you can find free real estate presentation templates for everything you need.
- Make sure that the banner image is a mesmerizing picture of the property. It can be the front of the house or an interior photo – it’s up to you to choose the best image.
- Change the title to “Open House,” and as a bonus, add the address of the property below.
- Make sure that you add your information there as well, such as name, last name and picture. It’s important that they see your face, as that’s one of the ways to build trust and connect with potential buyers right from the get-go.
- Utilize the premium free library of stock pictures Highnote has.
- Leverage the text box to welcome potential buyers to the open house and add some context, such as the hours and area.
- Get the most out of the assets box. The first thing you want to do is to include a strong call to action. What do you want readers to do? Open house tips for agents that we usually advise is to collect their information with a sign-up form for the open house. The reason we strongly advise this is that you can market to them down the road, follow up and stay on top of mind.
- Add more assets and tell them more about the property. You’ve probably spent a lot of money on photography, and it’s about time you put those beautiful photos into action. In the Highnote presentation, you can add all the images of the property in the highest quality possible, and potential buyers will have it at their fingertips in digital format ALWAYS.
- Besides fantastic photography, you also want to use your skills to write more about the property and entice people to come to the open house. It can be listing description, square footage, or whatever else you see fit. You can also copy it directly from your MLS.
- Use the next asset box to tell the buyers more about yourself, your experience, and how they can contact you.
- You can also include lender information if you’re co-hosting an open house with them.
- You can add as many assets as you’d like in your Highnote presentation. Besides photography, you can also add specific details about the property, highlight its unique features, add a floor plan, and virtual tour, neighborhood information, a walkthrough video, etc.
- Finish the presentation by inviting people to connect with you by adding a calendar, so they can book a meeting with you and reconnect even though the open house is done.
- At the top of your presentation in the right corner, you’ll see an arrow that automatically creates a QR code for your open house presentation. You can download it, print it out, and invite people to sign in by scanning the QR code. It’s a win-win situation because they’ll get a beautiful presentation, be able to attend the open house, and you’ll get their contact information and skyrocket your business.
Pro tip: One of the best open house tips we can give you is: Instead of writing information about yourself and just adding a picture, you can step up your game by including a short “About me” video directly into your Highnote presentation. More people will be able to connect with you on a personal level, and you’ll get more leads for open houses.
If you want to have a successful open house, a Highnote presentation is everything you’ll ever need. The goal is that when somebody comes through that door, you’ll hand them everything that they can possibly want to know about the property and more! And as a real estate agent, the best open house tip you can get is to always strive to go over and beyond. And with Highnote, that’s easier than ever!
Open House Set Up
Setting up for an open house can be a bit overwhelming, but with proper planning and organization, it can be a successful event. Here are some open house tips to successfully set it up:
- Clean and declutter the property. This will help visitors imagine themselves living in the space and allow them to appreciate its features.
- Remove any personal items. Remove anything that may distract potential buyers from envisioning themselves in the space.
- Stage the property. Arrange furniture and decor to showcase the property’s best features. Add some fresh flowers or plants to bring life to the space.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere with good lighting, a clean and clutter-free space, and pleasant scents.
- Provide refreshments. Set up a small table with refreshments like water, juice, and snacks. This will make visitors feel welcome and encourage them to stay longer.
- Make your Highnote Presentation QR code visible. This will allow visitors to check out the property even when they leave.
Hosting an Open House Tips & Tricks
Once you create Highnote presentation, you’ll be able to track analytics about who’s opening your presentation, what they’re looking at, and gather valuable insights for your future open houses. You’ll know exactly how many people watched the videos, opened the photos and came back for more.
But what can you do to make sure you reach a wider audience with your Highnote presentation? We’ve prepared some open house tips for real estate agents who want to have a top-notch marketing strategy.
- Promote the open house through multiple channels, including social media, online listing sites, and flyers with QR code in the local area.
- Prepare to answer questions about the property, the neighborhood, and any nearby amenities.
- Highlight unique architectural details, updated appliances, or outdoor space. Point out the benefits of the location, such as proximity to schools or shopping areas.
- Follow up with potential buyers after the open house. This will give you the opportunity to answer any questions they may have and provide additional information about the property.
- Encourage potential buyers to act quickly by emphasizing the advantages of the property and highlighting any upcoming deadlines, such as the expiration of an offer.