Successful real estate agents work hard, hustle, network, and pursue all leads. All of those things are great, and extremely necessary. But when you’re trying to “wow” a potential client, you have to stand out from the crowd. Winning a listing is a multi-step sales process. There’s the introduction, the meeting (in person or remotely), seeing the property, and the follow-up. Sending a pre-listing presentation ahead of your first meeting acts as a “door opener,” and is your opportunity to set the stage and make a great first impression.
Before we dig into the details of the pre-listing presentation, take a moment to imagine yourself in the shoes of a buyer or seller. They’re looking for an agent who will represent them in the best way possible. Someone who will answer their questions, negotiate on their behalf, and be their advocate in today’s cut-throat real estate market. They’re bombarded with information about real estate agents in their area, most of whom have great reviews. So how do they choose the best person for the job?
Enter the pre-listing presentation. It’s a way to deliver the information that every seller wants to know. It’s a way to introduce yourself and establish credibility. You can be as creative as you like, but here are the sections that you should definitely include:
- Information about you and your team – This should include your professional credentials and experience, as well as some personal information to show who you are outside of work. Do you like hiking on the weekends? Is your dog your best friend? Do you go crazy for Taco Tuesday? Include those facts in your pre-listing presentation!
- Testimonials & awards – It’s okay (and necessary) to brag about yourself, but potential clients also want to hear from buyers and sellers who have used you as their agent in the past. And don’t be shy about sharing any real estate or business awards you’ve won!
- Video of you and your team – If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then a video is worth a million! Show potential clients that you’re a real person who is personable, professional, and can get the job done.
- Sales & marketing process – Sellers want to know how hard you’ll work to make sure their property sells for the best possible price. Share your entire process with them, from your online marketing tactics to postcard mailers and beyond.
- Additional services – If you go above and beyond for your clients, let them know! For instance, if you stage every home so they can look their absolute best, share that information. Include anything you offer that other agents don’t.
- Sample listing – There’s no better way to show a seller how you market a property than by providing them with a sample listing. This can showcase the great photography and videos you use, as well as 3D tours, staging, and other “wow factors.”
The pre-listing presentation is an invaluable tool that can make all the difference when it comes to winning a listing. Need inspiration? Check out this HighNote pre-listing presentation example!
Ready to take the plunge? Click here to start making beautiful pre-listing presentations with HighNote.